Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Very Best Weekend

Friday is my birthday and David has National Guard Drill so we decided to celebrate it this past weekend. It was the best weekend that I have had in a long time! We went out to eat one night at Southern Hops and it was amazing! The customer service was fantastic! One of the owners came by our table several times and talked to us and answered a ton of questions that David had about all the different types of beers that they offer. My parents were nice enough to watch Wesley so we could have a date. I love date nights, but I couldn't get home quick enough to see my baby! Saturday all three of us went on a picnic and it was so much fun. Wesley sat in his Bumbo (which I LOVE!) and played like a big boy, and then we pushed him in the baby swings at the park. It was so cute. I started off pushing him really slow and then pushed him just a little bit faster (don't worry it was still really slow). He still hasn't quite figured out if he likes it or not. Then we went to the beach and that was awesome! It was Wesley's first trip to the beach and let me tell you, he LOVES the sand!!! He dug his little toes in the sand and squished it between his toes! It was so cute! We walked around Barefoot Landing, and Broadway at the Beach and just had great quality family time together. It was so special and sweet, and I loved every minute! We ate lunch at River City Cafe and I had the best turkey burger (and I splurged and had onion rings. Totally went off my P90X diet, but hey, it's my birthday!) We also went to this store called Retro Active at Broadway at the Beach. They sell 80's and 90's t-shirts and things, and we got Wesley the cutest onesie! It says "B is for Bob" and has a picture of Bob Marley on it. I love it! We came home Sunday really late and poor Wesley was so exhausted! He was out of his routine, but he had so much fun walking around in my baby sling (which I love love! Rebecca Phipps made it and it's the best thing ever!) I am so thankful for my birthday weekend and the fun that I had with my wonderful family! I will try and post pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment