Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's Amazing how something so unexpected can change your life for the good!

David and I have been dating for 2 years this July. We started dating July of 2009. In March of 2010 we found out that we were expecting a wonderful, bundle of joy. It was very unexpected for several reasons. One- we definately weren't trying to have a baby. We knew we were going to get married and that we loved each other. We just wanted to get married first. Two- I have a lot of health problems and the doctor told me that I wasn't able to have children. Before I met David I had a good run of about 3 or 4 years where I went off the deep end. I made a lot of mistakes, bad choices, and bad decisions that I am not proud of. I decided I was going to what I wanted to do, and no matter what that was the way it was going to be. I took my relationship with my parents for granted, and lost that closeness with them for awhile. When David and I met, I had just moved back in with my parents, and I was trying to figure things out and change my way of living. So fast-forward to March 2010. That was one of the best days and scariest days of my life. When that pregnancy test said positive, I didn't know how David would respond. He responded with "I love you and I couldn't be more excited!" Wesley is now 6 months old and let me tell you...He has changed my life. He is the absolute best, unexpected joy that I have ever had. I realized after having him that all those "independent" decisions that I made were so stupid. Living my life the way that "I" want is absurd. I want to be the type of mom that he is proud of. I know that I am going to make mistakes a long the way, but my decisions are no longer selfish ones. He has changed me for the better and I am so grateful that God allowed me to have him. I love being a mom so much that sometimes my love for him overwhelms me. David and I are more close now than before. I can't wait to marry him and have more kids one day if God allows. All I can say is that Wesley is one loved little man, and I am so fortunate to be his mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment