Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Letting Go

Wesley takes about an hour and a half nap every morning around ten thirty, eleven o clock. I decided about a month ago that I was claming that time as mine. I have chosen to not do anything house related, mommy related, or wife related during that time. Out of 24 hours a day, I think I can have about an hour to do whatever I want. I think that as a mom, wife, housekeeper, bill writer, accountant, etc. that every woman needs time to themselves every day. Now i know that moms with multiple kids it gets tricky, but hopefully you guys can find maybe 10 minutes to just stop and breathe. Anyways, while I have he opportunity for an hour, I am taking it! So during that time I take a shower, get ready, and I meditate for 30 minutes. A lot of people disagree with meditating. When I meditate, I don't pray to gods or anything, basically I clear my mind. I don't think about bills, appointments, agendas, or anything else going on in my life. I release my stress for those 30 minutes. I let go. It takes a lot of practice. I still sometimes will find myself thinking about something, and I have to tell myself to just breathe and let go. I love it! It really helps put things I to perspective. I have really bad anxiety. I have panic attacks a lot, I have found that by meditating it really helps me with my worry. So I challenge all my fellow moms to try and take some time out of every day for yourselves. Whether it is 5 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour. Take that time and just breathe. It's good for the soul. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment